Intro




INTRODUCTION

This is an introduction......spell it

Sunday 24 January 2010

Test subject Emma.

Was supposed to have textured her over Christmas holiday, But like all Christmas plans it never went as expected.

The original plan in making Emma was to clarify in my mind, the style we are planning on doing and to see if I could achieve it. I decided it was unwise to rush in to texturing the characters without doing a test first.

And ..........I’m glad I did :P

The skin went well, took a long time but I feel that is due to the arm & upper torso unwrap. Trying to keep it all as one section with 1 seam was a bad idea to say the least. Ahh well.

Also adding to time was trying to get her anatomy right. And finding reference images of small girls is not easy.

The dress I’m defiantly not happy with. Tried out the trick of painting the creases and detail in grey scale first, then overlaying the colour. Result is too bland and most detail was lost in the transition. Then adding a fabric texture over the top just made things worse. So I need a rethink......

Oo oo and the hair I went through several styles and all were to cartoony for my liking. So I think I’ll try the lots of alphas approach next.

Ill have to put her on hold for now though because were in to project time and i need to get my base meshes all sorted. And get some assets out the way.

Note to self: no more using blender brushes. (They make it all grubby looking) for clean blending edges use the Distortion grainy mover brush......... ITS SEXY (in painter that is)

0 comments:

Post a Comment